Thursday, July 15, 2010

Too. Hot. To. Sleep.

Feels like I've spent the last two days on the surface of the sun. Summer has finally struck southern California, with a vengeance. It's been on the north side of 105, and tomorrow promises more of the same. Humid, too. So much so that thunderstorms have popped up in the AV, as well as Riverside and San Diego counties.
Where there's thunder, there's lightning, and resultant wildfires.

Oh joy, oh rapture.

I'll be on my way to the Grand Canyon a week from now. In July. Yes I am nuts - why do you ask?

Actually, the T-storms that are making life so pleasant here are supposed to roll through Arizona the beginning of next week, and by the time the weekend comes around, it should be sunny and 85. With the cactus in bloom.

I can live with that. If I can figure out how to upload pictures from my fancy-schmancy new camera, I'll put some in this space. If I still care enough to post.

I tried doing this once, years before. Didn't have a lot to say, didn't have much time to say it, and didn't really have a concept (oh, as opposed to now?) behind it. I think this time will be different. Already this is turning out to be a whole lot more autobiographical than originally planned. That's okay I guess. And if it's not, well, I do happen to be the one with the power to change what gets posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment