Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Here's a little song I wrote..."

I have an inordinate amount of other people's music taking up space in my head. So much so, that at random times a song lyric will pop into my conciousness that perfectly dovetails with the situation, mood, or conversation I find myself in. It's a little distracting sometimes.

It's also distressing when I try to write my own material. Many times I'll come up with lyric and melody (usually just a chorus; I can bang that much out in about ten minutes. The verses then take forever) and say to myself, "This sounds familiar." I then have to start googleing (is that even a word?) what I just wrote to see if it already exists elsewhere.

Kinda like the process of naming this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I take great pleasure in sharing those snippets with my children. "do you have a song for everything?" Why, yes, I believe I do. And if I don't, I'll sing new words to some tune they already know :)

    ReplyDelete