Thursday, July 15, 2010

There's A House In Heaven

After taking a long look at the Blogger Terms of Service, I have come to the conclusion that Google is not going to assume ownership of any original material I post here.  Good.  I'd hate to have someone tell me I lost the copyright to my own songs!
 
This is the first worship song I ever wrote, and the second one overall.  No, I'm not going to post my first song.  Not now, at any rate :)
 
There's a house for me in heaven
Not for anything I've done
I was just a babe when it was built
But now that I am grown
I can see the shingles on the roof
And grass upon the lawn
I am his
I am his
 
In the name of the trinity
I was baptized to the Lord
I have pledged my life to Jesus Christ
And the promise of the word
Through the sacrament of bread and wine
My spirit is restored
I am his
I am his
 
Even though the flesh is given up to sin
I rejoice to know his spirit is within
And the day I draw my dying breath
Is the day I'll win
For that's the day my new life will begin
 
There's a house for me in heaven
And oh, what a sight to see
It was built in sacrificial love
By my Lord upon the tree
And I know that everlasting life
Is waiting there for me
I am his
I am his

No comments:

Post a Comment