Monday, January 9, 2012

Let This Be The Year

I know you've had your share of disappointments
The past is not the way it should have been
You're tired of the hand that fate has dealt you
And looking for a way to start again
 
I know that we're not getting any younger
And I dream about the future we will find
So as I watch the ball drop from the comfort of my easy chair
A new year's resolution comes to mind
 
Let this be the year
That we find a way to make it happen
Let this be the year
That we go the extra mile
Let this be the year
That we vow to spend our lives together
Let this be the year
That I walk you down the aisle
I want to share with you each hope and joy
Each sorrow and each tear
Oh baby, let this be the year
 
My life was changed the first time that I saw you
You smiled at me and took hold of my heart
There's no way I could ever live without you
I suffer with each day we spend apart
 
The hours we're not together pass so slowly
I want to spend forever by your side
So tell me by the next broadcast of New Year's Rockin' Eve
I'll finally get a chance to kiss the bride

No comments:

Post a Comment