Saturday, August 14, 2010

Leave It At The Altar

You've given me your offering today
You spoke the words I taught you to say
But you're carrying such baggage
Deep within your heart
Don't you know it's keeping us apart

Leave it at the altar
Leave it all behind
Cast away the doubt and fear
That's troubling your mind
Leave it at the altar
Give it all to me
I'll give you everlasting life
I will set you free
Just leave it all to me


The memories you cannot seem to shake
The habits much too hard for you to break
All you need to do is ask
I'll take away your chains
They'll fade away til only love remains

I've forgiven you your sin
It don't matter anymore
Now it's time that you forgive yourself 
Your past does not define you
I've opened up the door
So hold onto me and nothing else

There'll be no more misery
If you leave it all to me

No comments:

Post a Comment