Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blessing

I hope I have your blessing
For what I want to do
But we have to find a way to go on
Living without you
 
I wish that I could take your place
And let you live again
But I know one day my time will come
And we'll see each other then
 
But for now until that day is here
I've got a job to do
To let them know that it's okay
Feeling happiness anew
Making memories that are never going
To ever include you
And I hope I have your blessing
 
 
I hope you can forgive me
For what I'm going to say
But I've been alone a long long time
And I'm living day to day
 
I know I can't replace you
And I wouldn't care to try
But sometimes I need a hand to hold
And a shoulder where I can cry
 
The boys are growing up so fast
Soon they'll be on their way
I don't want to live my life alone
Under clouds of grey
I want to fall in love again
This is what I pray
And I hope I have your blessing
 
I hope I have your blessing
 
I hope I have your blessing

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lee. You have a gift with words... perhaps these will become lyrics one day. How deeply you have touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Crunchy Frog.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete