Friday, October 12, 2018

No Plan B

I never lied to you
Every word I said was true
So how can you stand there and tell me
That you were deceived

I told you the way that I feel
My emotions were just too real
And instead of taking me at my word
You refused to believe

I tried to explain
But it wasn't enough
To overcome your doubts

Where do I go from here
What I thought was finally clear
The clouds have taken away
This future from me
All those nights on the telephone
Chasing dreams in search of a home
It was all for nothing
If I can't get you to see
You were no Plan B

Now that a week has gone by
I still don't have a reason why
But whatever made you change your mind
It don't matter to me

If I haven't earned your trust
Everything will just crumble to dust
And there's no solution as far
As these eyes can see

It's all up to you
Take a leap of faith
Or take the easy way out

I don't know what to say
There was no Plan A
There wasn't any game
I was trying to play
You were the only one
That I hoped would be here to stay

1 comment: