Monday, July 10, 2017

Grateful Evermore

It was five and a half hours
In a shiny metal tube
Trying to calm my unsteady nerves
Took seven glasses of lube
I was greeted with smiles and hugs
From people I'd never seen
Only looked at their pictures
On my computer screen

I didn't know what would happen
Didn't know what to expect
When I walked through the door
To a world I won't forget
Didn't realize that I would find
What I had stopped looking for
But I did and I'll be grateful evermore

The surprises kept on coming
One by one it seemed
Everybody was so welcoming
It must have been a dream
To think that all these people
Were happy to meet me
It brought tears to my eyes
For all the world to see

It was a four day party
That I didn't want to leave
I had more fun in that short time
Than I can believe
Now I'm back in the real world
But nothing is the same
I'm a different man than I was before
My life's forever changed

No comments:

Post a Comment