Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Every Day I Thank God For You

The potatoes are thin, the turkey is dry
And I'm not wild about pumpkin pie
The cranberry sauce should have stayed in the can
And half of the stuffing's still stuck to the pan

Your aunt is ashamed that your uncle is drunk
And on the way here they ran over a skunk
And everyone thinks that our neighbor's a bore
But that doesn't change what I'm thankful for

After all is said and done
It's the perfect holiday
All the times we spend together
Blow the others all away
We have suffered so much heartache
But we pulled each other through
Every day I thank God for you

The stockings are hung by the chimney with care
They look a bit tattered and starting to tear
The eggnog is spiked, with what I can't tell
And the potpourri basket's beginning to smell

The ham is cold and the beer is warm
The yule log set off the smoke alarm
The hour is late but nobody will go
'Cause mom is perched under the mistletoe

All the Halloween parties
With coke and Bacardi
Barbeques on the 4th of July
Oh I hate entertaining
But I'm not complaining
And you are the reason why

No comments:

Post a Comment