Monday, April 22, 2013

Bad Habits

The Devil made me do it
That's always the excuse
Every time I turn my back on you
But the fault is wholly mine
Whenever I choose
To do the things you don't want me to do
I don't know why I do
All the things to disappoint you
And I don't know why you love me anyway
 
(When) I fall into the same old bad habits
The same old bad choices
The same mistakes and compromises
That I always make
But you tell me I'm forgiven
And your arms are open wide
And you give me all the love that I can take
 
I'm tired of living with the guilt
That eats me up inside
When I think of all the bad things I have done
All the promises I've broken
All the truth that I denied
And every consequence from which I've run
So excuse me if I have
A little trouble understanding
Why you would even give me the time of day
 
There is nothing I can do
To make amends for hurting you
How can I say I'm sorry when
I know I'll do it all again
Apologies aren't good enough
To make me worthy of your love
But you give it anyway
And I don't know what to say

No comments:

Post a Comment