Friday, February 22, 2013

Moving On

You were the one
And I knew from the start
I'd find a way
If I followed my heart
I was lost
When I looked into your eyes
I fell in love
So imagine my surprise
 
You told me you loved me
Then walked on out the door
You trampled my heart
And you left it on the floor
It hit me so hard
That I can barely stand
Now I'm doing the only thing I can
 
(chorus)
I'm moving on
But I'm leaving part of me behind
My trust and my innocence
They'll be left for someone else to find
Gonna chain up my heart
Can't afford to be kind
I'm moving on
If I can just get you out of my mind
 
I used to be
Such a boy among men
You'd come around
And you'd toy with me again
You promised me
Things too good to be true
But I believed
Every word that came from you
 
You know what you are
And you know what you've done
You made me believe
That I was the only one
You told me not to trust you
But I did it anyway
Now there's only one thing left for me to say
 
chorus
 
instrumental break - 16 measures
 
I guess I should thank you
For making me this way
Today I'm much smarter
Than I was yesterday
Cause now I know better
Than to believe the lies
The next time I fall into a pair of eyes
 
chorus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment