Monday, July 18, 2011

Lost in the Wilderness

I thought that I was listening to you
I thought that I was walking straight and true
But when I look back upon my life I see
The one that I was listening to was me

So here I am, lonely and confused
Broken down with nothing left to lose
Praying for forgiveness from my sin
And begging you to rescue me again

I am lost in the wilderness
And I need you to come and find me
My life is a terrible mess
And I need you now to guide me
I can't seem to find the way alone
And I know only you can lead me home
On the path of righteousness


My pride is what has led me to this place
So I lay it down and humbly seek your face
And commit myself to follow you this time
That the will I serve is yours instead of mine

Chorus

I can do all things
With the strength you give to me
But I've fastened myself up in chains
Only you can set me free

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment