Monday, August 14, 2017

Melancholy Way

The children are playing in the park
Having the time of their lives
Meanwhile, I'm sitting in the dark

Trying to find the will to survive

I'd give the world to have those dreams again
The promise of a time soon to be
But how do I keep on dreaming when
The ones I had have all abandoned me


I'm in a melancholy way today
I can't escape the feeling
And I don't know what to say
To hold the spirits of the past at bay
And make the sadness go away
 
There isn't any use in pretending
That things are ever going to change
To some tasks I have to keep attending

And others that I must rearrange

I gotta find a new reason for living
And that reason needs to come from within
I guess it has to start with forgiving
Myself so that the healing can begin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment