Friday, October 28, 2011

You're Not Here

I sit here on the grass
Staring at the stone
Your name is etched upon it
Surrounded, yet alone
I think of all our dreams
And the plans we used to make
The things we'd do together
The trips that we would take
And I'm reminded...
You're not here
 
I lie here in my bed
There's room enough for two
But only one that sleeps here
Looks like it needs you too
There's lightning in the window
In the coming of the storm
And in spite of all the blankets
I just cannot stay warm
It's all because...
You're not here
 
You're not here to see the way the kids
Are growing up so tall
You're not here to know how being alone
Has made me feel so small
You're not here to watch the way that I
Have broken down and cried
You're not here to feel the cancer as
It eats you up inside
 
I sit here in the pew
Listening to the Word
Of Jesus' resurrection
It's the sweetest ever heard
You're in the Father's arms now
Free from any pain
And I have the blest assurance
That I'll see you once again
And it's okay that...
You're not here

No comments:

Post a Comment